Thursday, August 20, 2009

Simple Suppers

Sometimes some of the best suppers come from the hands of friends and family.


tendr2

Fried Pork Tenderloin, fresh from the H Farms in Kentucky and courtesy of my dear sister-in-law, Dorothy.  We never leave Dorothy's without a cooler packed with meat and jars of home-canned greenbeans and vegetable soup. 

tenderloin

Longing for simplicity and lacking in time, I decided to fry the fresh pork tenderloin for supper.  It's supper in the South, you know.  Dinner is at noon.  :D

The tomatoes are from my father's garden.  He delivered those to me at work, along with a large bag of sweet bell peppers.  I will slice and freeze most of those for future use. 

To complete the simple meal, I threw together some drop biscuits using a pre-made baking mix.  My girls seem to think that drop biscuits are a gourmet treat.   Gone are the days of actually rolling the dough.  Those are just plain biscuits!  Whatever they want to think.  Drop biscuits are so easy, I don't think I'll explain the difference to them just yet.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so fantastic right now and it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete