Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sour Cream Pound Cake

sc-pnd-cake


You can always count on a good friend to give you a good recipe.


My friend, Karen, comes from a long line of good cooks.  Her grandmother was a great cook and her mom is "The Pie Lady".  She can whip up a Caramel Pie or a Coconut Cream Pie in the blink of an eye.  She always has the ingredients on hand.

Karen has turned out like her mom in that respect.  She's a great cook.  This is a recipe that she shared with me recently.  It's so easy, yet so delicious!

I've made this cake twice this week.  I polished off most of the first one myself, but took the second one to my inlaws' family get together.  I had to get that evil thing out of the house!  My hips have gotten wider just this week.  I'm trying to low carb, I really am.  I try to save my treat for that one-hour span, like the Carb Addict plan suggests, but it sure is hard with this treat around!

Karen prefers the cake 'nekkid', but I made an Orange Glaze to pour over the warm cake.  Most of it pooled up in the middle, but I just spooned that right out of the middle and onto my slice.  Mmm-mmm, good.

Sour Cream Pound Cake

1 butter recipe yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 half cup sugar
1 cup oil
1 cup sour cream

Mix well pour into bundt pan and bake at 325 until golden brown, 45-60 minutes.

Orange Glaze (optional)

1/4 cup orange juice
2 T butter, melted
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Mix together and pour over cooled cake.

5 comments:

  1. This cake sounds perfect. It looks so delicious.. First time to your blog, nice to meet you. Lots of good recipes Im looking forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with pound cakes? They are always so good. Thanks for the good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love a good pound cake.....Always on the look out for new pound cake recipes. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My!!!! This was once my favorite,and it does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pound cake is delicious, but pound cake with glaze is even better! and pooling in the center? all the better to soak it up with...yum! beautiful job.

    thanks for adding me to your blogroll. i recently moved to a new address and was wondering if you could change the link--it's http://www.happytummyblog.com. thanks jillian!

    ReplyDelete