Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Beefy Rotel Cheese Dip and Chips

cheesedip

Beefy Rotel Cheese Dip

1 lb Velveeta

1 can Rotel tomatoes and chilies

1/2 cup sour cream

1 cup prepared taco or chili flavored ground beef

In microwave safe bowl, add cheese and Rotel tomatoes.  Nuke until cheese is fully melted, stirring once or twice.  Remove from microwave and add sour cream.  Stir; then add the cooked ground beef.  Serve with your choice of chips or other dipper.

Chips shown in pic above: Fried low carb tortilla triangles.  Frying them instead of baking them made them crispier.  I cut the tortillas into chip size triangles as best as I could, then pan-fried in about a 1/2" of oil until golden brown.  As I drained them on paper towels, I sprinkled with a touch of salt.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog on PW. I blog about the same things as you. :) I am excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Jessica. I went over to your place and you're right! We love food, family, baking, cooking and have a desire to be healthy and fit. :)

    ReplyDelete