Saturday, September 19, 2009

Skillet Fried Cabbage with Bacon

I'm sick of things I can eat with my fingers! 


I needed something to eat with a fork.  I was wanting something green and yummy and fried cabbage with bacon came to mind.  This is one of my favorite vegetable dishes, with lots more flavor than just boiled cabbage which is more common here in the South.

Grab some sliced bacon, dice it and throw it in a skillet over medium heat.  As it cooks, cut a head of cabbage in half and chop it into nice size pieces.

cbg

After the bacon is crispy, remove it from the skillet and let it drain on a paper towel.  Reserve all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.  Add the chopped cabbage and some diced onion into the skillet.  Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the cabbage is done but still has a little crunch left.

Put into pretty dish and top with the crispy bacon pieces.  Eat all by itself or with the meat of your choice.  I chose a nice medium sized pork chop.  See my lowcarb page for the plated meal.  Enjoy!

skilletcab3

1 comment: