Monday, November 23, 2009

Weight Watcher Skillet Cornbread

One of the Weight Watcher recipes I've tried recently...


.

The cornbread was very moist and had great flavor.  I am a big fan of using buttermilk in baked breads and cakes and the buttermilk flavor came through strong for me.  I could've almost eaten this with a fork.  It was very good and I'll definitely be making it as long as I do Weight Watchers.

.

 

Weight Watcher Skillet Cornbread

1 cup uncooked cornmeal, yellow

1 cup all-purpose flour

2 tsp baking powder

3/4 tsp table salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

14 3/4 oz cream-style corn, canned

1/2 cup buttermilk

2 large egg whites

2 tsp corn oil

.

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat an 8-inch square cake pan or 8" skillet as I've done here, with cooking spray. (I used my pastry brush and brushed the skillet with oil.)

.

Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Mix well with a fork, then make a well in the center; set aside.

.

Combine creamed corn, buttermilk, egg whites and oil in a medium bowl; mix until blended. Fold mixture into dry ingredients; mix until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.

.

Bake until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely before cutting into 8 squares.

.

Weight Watcher Points Value 3 per serving.

~~~

Stay tuned for more great Weight Watcher recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment