Monday, November 2, 2009

Vintage Recipe: Pineapple Cheese Ball

The holidays are just around the corner


and eating delicious goodies that we only make on special occasions has become a tradition.

pin cheeseball

Cheeseballs, Spinach Dip, Peanut Butter Balls, Spiced Pecans...these are a few of my favorite things.

.

The special occasion was a wedding on Saturday night.  My friends Terry and Angie decided to tie the knot.  I wanted to help them celebrate by bringing a treat to the reception.  It was all eaten up.   Pictured below was the little bit I had left at home for a midnight snack or early morning breakfast.

.

This started out as my friend Laura's recipe.  I've made some tweaks of my own with favorable results.

Pincheball

 

Pineapple Cheese Ball
 
cream cheese, 16 oz
crushed pineapple, (small can) drained dry
pecan pieces, 2 C
chopped onion, 1/4 cup
shredded cheddar, 2 oz
seasoned salt, 1 T
 
Mix all togther.  Refrigerate and roll in chopped pecans.
Serve with crackers.

~~~

Watch for more vintage recipes and hopefully a give-away in the near future!

3 comments:

  1. This is one of our family faves too, but we also add diced green pepper. Mmmmm- I'm craving this now! I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added finely diced green bell peppers to the cheeseball when I made it for the wedding, tho the original recipe doesn't call for it. I had them, so thought "why not?!" It was delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good. I enjoyed the Forkland pictures, too. That funnel cake makes me want one really bad!

    ReplyDelete