Thursday, October 15, 2009

Easy Ranch and Bacon Pasta Salad

I love a good pasta salad and if it's easy and simple, that's even better!


pasta

 

A few Sundays ago, my sister-in-law called to invite me to a family picnic and so I decided a simple pasta salad would be a great addition to the meal she had already prepared. 

 

After the afternoon service, she, her husband, 2 daughters, 8 grandchildren and my family of 4 plus my baby great-nephew, all met at the park for an evening of food and family fun.

 

There was Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup, Cornbread, Sandwiches, Chips, Pasta Salad, Fresh Veggies and Ranch Dip, Sweet Tea, Banana Pudding, and Coconut Cake.

 

There's no time like Family Time!

~~~

More great homestyle recipes:

Vegetable Beef Soup with Southern Cornbread

Steak and Onion Salad with Creamy Homemade Dressing

Chocolate Fudge Pie

pasta2

Easy Ranch and Bacon Pasta Salad

1 box pasta, cooked ( I used Dreamfields Penne Rigate - low carb)

1 cup homemade ranch dressing

1/2 cup bacon pieces

4 oz shredded cheddar cheese

salt and pepper to taste

cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced - optional

Mix the cooked, drained and cooled pasta with the dressing, cheese, and bacon.  Chill and serve.

~~~

4 comments:

  1. It's 6 AM and I'm so ready to try this recipe. I love a cold pasta dish. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete