Monday, October 5, 2009

The Holidays and your favorite recipes

The holiday season will soon be here. 


thkgvg

Thanksgiving is a very special holiday for our family and usually centers around our family dinner.  

Mom's Southern cornbread Turkey and Dressing is the usual star of the main meal.  There are other favorites that complete our meal.  My brother has to have Chunky Potato Salad, made the same way my grandmother made it.  I usually enjoy the Sweet Potatoes and baked Ham.  

One daughter loves the Green Bean Casserole and Yeast Rolls while daughter #2 loves the Ham and Cream Style Corn.

And of course, the dessert choice wouldn't be complete without mom's Angel Salad on the menu.  (Pictures and recipe forthcoming)

 

 I'm a dessert eater.  Below are some of my favorites.

 

pbballs

Peanut Butter Balls

 

brooklynspiesmall21

Southern Pecan Pie

 

aunt-mary-pie

Chess Pie

 

sc-pnd-cake

Sour Cream Pound Cake

 

And if you're watching your sugar intake...

cheesecake

Low Carb Mini-Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

~~~

What special dish are you looking forward to? 

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of chess pie but I will try that... its just so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks very good! My grandma used to make Pecan Pie but the Pecans always ended up on the bottom. Now I can of like it that way! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is super easy and my brother's favorite! My mom also used to make a delicious Chocolate Chess Pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds a lot like my Chocolate Chip Pie...the chocolate chips always end up on the bottom. :D

    ReplyDelete