Saturday, October 17, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies (low carb)

In the fall, I get a hankering to bake, bake, bake!


 

Since I try to live the low carb lifestyle, that limits my baked goods choices.  When I want to bake cookies, this easy recipe always comes to mind.

I found this recipe several years ago in my Aunt Mary's little recipe box.  Last night when I baked these little gems, I subbed Splenda for the sugar.   I have written the recipe here as it is on her recipe card and added my own tweaks.

LC PB cookies

 

Magic Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup creamy peanut butter

1 cup granulated sugar (I subbed Splenda)

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla, optional

Mix the peanut butter and sugar well.  Add the egg.  Mix well.  (As the egg is added to the peanut butter mixture, it  causes the mixture to have a cookie dough texture)

Drop by rounded spoonfuls on baking sheet.  Using a fork, press the cookies down to give them that classic peanut butter cookie look.  Bake at 350º for 8-10 minutes.  Do not overcook.

 

Cool and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This recipe look very simple, I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! One of our favorite recipes. :) We have a gluten free household so these are a wintertime staple!
    Hi from a Pioneer Woman reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I too try to live low-carb but want something sweet sometimes. I will give these a whirl. Very simple, but if they taste half as good as they look . . . . . .

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete