Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Simple and Easy Sweet Pea Salad

My brother is a big fan of Sweet Pea Salad and


introduced me to this recipe.


.


I am not a fan of English Peas at all, but if I were, I would


choose to eat them


this way.


.


When I heard that a sick elderly woman that I go


to church with was wanting Chicken and Dumplings, I whipped up a HUGE


 pot.  Enough for my family and then several servings for her. 


 


I wanted to take her a full meal and in my cabinet was a can


of Sweet Peas.  I hated to just take plain peas...I wanted to dress them


up a little.  So I made this Simple and Easy Sweet Pea Salad.  She loved it!


Along with the Chicken and Dumplings and


Sweet Pea Salad,


I made her a snack size 


Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.


.


You know it just feels good to do something for somebody


that's unable to do for themselves. 


What a treat!  for us both.


.


 
 

 

 SWEET PEA SALAD

 

1 can baby sweet (English) peas
1 boiled egg, chopped

2 Tablespoons onion, diced fine

1 heaping Tablespoon of sweet pickle relish

1/3 cup real mayonnaise

salt and pepper to season


Drain the peas, add all ingredients. Mix and chill.  Serve chilled.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy - that sounds wonderful..

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, Julie - I made this again and added some small diced boiled potatoes. I liked it a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete