Monday, February 1, 2010

Glazed Applesauce Pecan Snack Cake (no eggs)

Being blessed with several containers of applesauce,


I went in search of an easy applesauce cake or bread recipe.


I'm all about easy and quick recipes.


I like to know there's something yummy


baking in the oven


while I'm surfing the web or working


on my ever-growing


 pile of laundry,


but I don't want to spend a lot of time


on a recipe with tons of ingredients


that I probably


don't have anyway.


...


Yesterday the girls and my hubby went sledding (again!)


and so I decided to use


up some of


the applesauce I'd been blessed with.


I thought it'd be nice to


come home to a warm house


smelling like sugar and cinnamon. 


I found an easy  recipe here


and  tweaked it


according to my preferences.


The result was wonderful!


(That's right - no eggs!)


...


Quick. Simple. Easy.


Here's my tweaked version.  Make it soon!




Glazed Applesauce Pecan Snack Cake


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup unsweetened applesauce

pecan pieces, optional

.

Preheat oven to 350º.   Grease and flour a 9 inch square baking dish.  In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, and salt.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Dissolve baking soda into applesauce and mix into creamed butter.  Add flour mixture. Mix until smooth.

Pour batter into prepared dish.  Sprinkle pecan pieces over cake batter.  Bake at 350º for 30 -40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.

Glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar

1 T milk

2 T melted butter

.

Mix together and drizzle over slightly cooled cake.

.

CLICK  FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE

2 comments:

  1. I made this last night, oh my goodness it was sooo good. my family loved it and my coworkers loved it today!!! thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great! I thought it was delicious, too. And so easy, with NO eggs. Glad you liked it. It's a great way to use your applesauce. :)

    ReplyDelete