Monday, March 23, 2009

Another Brownie Recipe

brownie-stack

Honest, that's the title of this recipe.  I considered calling it Easy One Bowl Brownies, but decided to go with what I wrote down on the card.  This is another from my vintage recipe collection.

This recipe is very forgiving and I have made substitutions in the past with great results.

Another Brownie Recipe
 
1 stick butter, melted ( I have used 1/2 cup oil or 1/2 cup applesauce)
5 T cocoa ( I used 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate)
2 eggs
3/4 c flour
1 cup sugar (I added 1/2 cup brown sugar)
1/2 cup pecan pieces, optional

Mix all together.  Pour into 7 x11 dish for thicker brownies. 

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

brownies

4 comments:

  1. Great brownie recipe! Have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't sound low carb to me (lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad they aren't! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I'll bet they taste a lot better than that box stuff you get in the store:-) Thanks

    -David

    P. S. The applesauce sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete