Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ugly Green Bean Fries (Low Carb)

fries

Ugly Green Bean Fries (Low Carb)

16 oz bag of frozen beans (I used whole green beans)
1 tbsp of butter or bacon grease
1 tbsp of olive oil
salt, pepper, garlic powder

Put green beans in a plastic bag, pour in fats, season to taste. Shake the green beans in the bag to coat with the fat and seasonings.   Bake at 400ยบ for 45 minutes or until brownish and crispy.  Cool and enjoy with Heinz 1 Carb Ketchup (the best!).

Check out my other low carb recipes!

2 comments:

  1. I make "Ugly Green Beans" quite often, and they're surprisingly delicious. I use sea salt, freshly ground pepper, onion powder and garlic powder as the seasonings. But I've always used just olive oil, and never thought of adding bacon grease. That sounds wonderful! Thanks for the idea. I'm going to try it for dinner today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon grease? My husband would adore this! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete