Monday, March 2, 2009

Chicken Broccoli Fettucine Alfredo

fett1

What else to do on a cold snowy Sunday than cook?!


My oldest daughter loves "white" sauce on her pasta.  She loves to go to CeCe's Pizza, not for the pizza but for the pasta and Alfredo Sauce.  She loves this dish, without the broccoli, of course. 

Chicken Broccoli Fettucine Alfredo (Low Carb)

4-6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, stewed & cut into small pieces
1 small package frozen broccoli, steamed until tender
1/2  lb fettucine pasta, boiled, drained (I used Dreamfields)
Alfredo sauce (see recipe below)

In a large pan on medium-high heat, stew the chicken thighs until done, 45 minutes to an hour.  Remove from pan to cool. Add fettucine to broth and cook until done, about 12 minutes; drain.  In the meantime, chop the chicken into bite size pieces. 

Mix together the chicken, steamed  broccoli, fettucine pasta, and the Alfredo Sauce.  Spoon into dish and top with grated Parmesan cheese.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Alfredo Sauce

6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese - freshly grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
Ground white pepper
Dash of ground nutmeg

Place butter and cream in large skillet over medium-low heat.  Cook and stir until butter melts and mixture bubbles; cook and stir two minutes more. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in cheese until thoroughly blended and smooth. Return briefly to low heat to completely blend cheese, stirring constantly.  Sauce recipe makes four servings; 1.9 grams of carbohydrate per serving.

fett2

3 comments:

  1. My daughter and I tried making noodles on Friday, and I wanted something other than canned spaghetti sauce (though that's what she opted for). I actually had cream in the fridge, so I had alfredo sauce - the same recipe, except with half the cheese (from the Gourmet cookbook, though I cut back on the butter). I should have added the broccoli - it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I enjoyed some leftovers tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jilley,

    This looks GREAT! All I need is a piece of garlic bread and a salad and I'm there. By stewing the the chicken I'm guessing it's poached in a liquid?
    Sounds like your daughter is a typical kid that doesn't like veggies. I was that way too when I was little until my mom started sneaking things into casseroles and the like.
    Thanks for the recipe, I'll be trying it soon.
    -David

    ReplyDelete